It's been tons of fun but the DC Designer House is winding down. This is the last week and the final day is Sunday May 12th. If you haven't made it out there yet, you still have a few days.
Here are a few photos of our room - the Master Bedroom. Thanks to all my subs and suppliers. The room has received wonderful feedback and tons of press - TV, HGTV, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Traditional Home Magazine and Home and Design Magazine plus tons of blog fans.
Room goals: bring more light, play with layering patterns and textures, mix vintage, custom and new pieces, BE Creative! I did everything I planned to do. I wouldn't change a thing. Now if only this room could fit in my house! Luckily half of the items have already sold.
- the Bridget Beari High Gloss paint from Fine Paints of Europe Velvet Paw No. 66.
- 1960' vintage ceiling light "Grand Nest"
- custom bed from Mike Reid Weeks
Thanks to the Holtz team for the custom wallpapered nightstands.
The gorgeous custom eglomise mirrors designed by Bridget Beari.
- dark accent paint on the ceiling in matte finish
Curved front dresser with disk lamp
Geometric rug design from Patterson Flynn and Martin
Fun pillows on the leather chairs - notice the Mary MacDonald appliqué from Schumacher
Mother of Pearl ceiling in the alcove really helps to transfer light into this once dark room.
- the diagonal flokati over the main diamond rug
- the garden console on the side with the interesting piece of cork I found in an antique store in Charlottesville
- Artwork from Bill Fisher, Richmond based artist
- Travers euro shams
- custom bed coverings
- the $30,000 mattress from Savoir Beds - people loved lying on the bed
- Hanging the mirrors by chain for height
- klimos chairs in Greek key pattern
- Beautiful Pierre Frey velvet zebra on headboard and footboard
-Coral and Gold croc covered books
- Restoration Hardware floor lamps
- one of kind custom designed murals made of 25 pieces of glass
Moving to the alcove between the closet - another vintage 1960's light Austrian
- Maya Romanoff wallpaper on ceiling
Our bar area - the onyx existed from the architect but we accessorized with Champagne of course!
- one of my nudes on the bar
Another of my nudes on the geometric wallpaper by Osborne and Little
- A peek of the Emma Gardner Rug
- a peek into the closet - Robert Abbey light, Kravet fabric and my clothes and luggage
- Gucci shoe boxes of course
I hope you will come this weekend to see me before the doors close forever but if not I hope you will enjoy the photos!