Monday, April 30, 2012

Bridget Beari Q & A

Bridget Beari Q & A

People send me questions of all types for our Q & A series but recently we had a paint question all the way from Oklahoma! 

Question: 
I Love the house colors you posted on your blog. I am hoping you could maybe recommend a  color scheme for our home. I'd like to use the same or similar to what you used, but I'm unsure as to whether or not it'll work with our roof. I've included a picture of our pitiful looking house...lol. We will be painting in 3 weeks, as well as replacing our windows with white vinyl french windows. Our garage door is white vinyl with no windows. As you will see, we have a 1 story 70's ranch, but a mediterannean roof.....which is an unusual mix. I really hope you can help us give our home some curb appeal, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Jana Martin



Jana was stuck on colors that matched her roof instead of complementing it. All her colors were too brown - making a one story ranch look even shorter. 



Here's where we ended up: 


Marshmallow SW7001 for trim - to brighten and create contrast with the field color




Relaxed Khaki SW6149 for the brick and boards. This color brings out the softer tones in the roof making the house look larger. 



Rocky River SW 6215 for the shutters and doors for a fun contrast. 


After many emails and photos Jana and I decided on every detail of the paint job - soffits, pediment, columns... What was painted what color - even though the painter questioned my choices Jana stood strong!  The results were fantastic! 




 Here's the house with the final colors. We even talked about window boxes, landscaping and more! She's thrilled and so are the neighbors. 


                                 Now there's a little bit of Bridget Beari in Oklahoma! 





If you have a question for me, email me at bridgetbeari It does not have to be about paint. Anything in the design world is fine.  


                             Happy Painting......



2 comments:

Jana Martin said...

I hate to think what our home could've ended up looking like had Susan not rescued us. Not only does it work great with the roof, but everyone keeps asking if it's new. Again, We couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Susan rocks!!!!

Bridget Beari Design Chat said...

Thanks Jana! I hope you love it!