Saturday, March 24, 2012




Bridget Beari Color Rule: 


Try Walking Side by Side

If you are trying different color combos, try analogous colors. These are any three colors which are side by side on the color wheel such as yellow green, blue green,  orange yellow ...... These colors work well in combinations but for best results always make one color dominate. 


Blue - Green


Orange - Yellow

long panels 
photo by Joe Bernado for Bridget Beari Designs 

Blue - Purple

purple purple purple 

Using analogous colors gives you that balanced feeling within a room. The colors are more serene and soothing. 

Tip: I recently bought a cast iron skillet but I had know idea how to clean. I washed it like a regular pot the first time and my friend who cooks a lot had a fit. She said I was ruining the cured surface. She gave me the secret and Martha Stewart also tells us how: 


Take course salt and rub the bottom of the pan to remove any food. Rinse lightly and pat dry. This keeps all the pan cured for the next cooking session. 



 

photo from Martha Stewart website on Cleaning Tips


Happy Painting.....

and Cleaning for Spring! 

 





No comments: