Sunday, April 10, 2011

Green Drinks!


This is week 5 on the raw diet. It was a big weekend with a dinner party and a non profit fundraiser so I did have a glass of wine both nights. At the dinner party I had to eat the cooked veggies but I stayed away from the chicken. ( even though I really wanted it and it looked so good )

The staple to every raw diet is the green drink. So even though I cheated a little bit, I feel like I'm making up for it with my green drink. I like to experiment with all different types of veggies - both in the Vita-mixer and the Juicer. I like to use kale instead of spinach but it tastes great both ways. This is a recipe I found from Rawmazing

Susan Powers is the genius behind Rawmazing. This is what she says about eating raw: 

Why Eat Raw?

It just starts to make sense. If cooking destroys the vital and essential nutrients that we need to stay healthy, eating our food raw does the opposite. It provides us with what we need for our health and well being. I know from experience that when I am eating at least 80% raw, I have more energy, more mental focus, and all of the pesky things that irritate me on a daily basis, like acid reflux and my daily aches and pains, dissipate. I also know that I am feeding my body what it needs to thrive, not just survive.




Good Morning Green Drink



2 C Spinach
1 1/2 C Grapes
2 Carrots
1/2 Cucumber
1/2″ piece of ginger
1 Stalk Celery
2 Dates
Handful Ice
1/2 to 1 C Water
Combine all ingredients in blender or vitamix. Start with 1/2 cup water and add more to desired thickness. Blend until smooth.

No comments: