Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Own Living Room

The most popular request I receive is for information on my own living room. This room has been published a few times but it is the use of neutrals that appeals to people. When I moved into this house this room was peach with navy carpet and the marble mantel was black with soot. The detailed moldings and architectural details cried out to be noticed. I loved the idea of a neutral palette but it is the combination of color and texture that makes this room work.



When you decide upon a neutral scheme it is important to mix your textures. This gives the room depth and keeps the room inviting. Quilting, metallics, wood, sisal, silk, suede are combined together in a subtle but soft way. Each element was carefully chosen to complement and highlight the other elements in the room. The custom modern firescreen updates this classic marble mantel from the 1920's.



I am always pleased to show off this room. I am glad so many of you enjoy seeing it.

No comments: