Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hot New Color Schemes

I was asked by our local Home Style newspaper to come up with a "hot" new color scheme so I thought I would share my ideas with my blog readers. The new color schemes that I see emerging are metallics, blue greens, orange, acid green and chocolate. The editor asked me to come up with fabrics, carpets, wallcoverings and tiles that represent the acid green and chocolate look. Here are my proposed items:




The wallpaper is from Designer Guild, the geometric wool carpet from Stark, the chocolate sisal from Concepts International, the silk drapery fabric from Jab with a Duralee trim, Carlton V paisley print for upholstery in linen, the stripe for upholstery from Duralee, and Ann Sack tile. Combining these items together woud be the beginning of a great design scheme. I just need the right room to put it in. Maybe that room will come along and I can show you a before and after shot.

No comments: