Sunday, July 26, 2015

Looking Back at Cat Rock Mountain

One of my favorite projects was a mountain house outside Charlottesville on Cat Rock Mountain. I stumbled across some photos on Pinterest and it reminded me how much I loved that house. 


The perfect blend of causal and livable design and lifestyle. We sourced some wonderful antiques for this home. The search is what makes it so much fun. The architect was Bob Steele of BOB Architecture in Richmond, Virginia. 


If only it had some Bridget Beari Colors on the wall and it would be perfect but alas that was not invented at this time. 

 I did have wallpaper in some of the rooms and beautiful warm colors. I do remember installing this job on Christmas Eve and loosing my purse on the highway as we stopped to rescue a dog but that's another story. 





Gorgeous heart pine floors and cabinets with an Aga cooker in the back. That kitchen was perfect for their family of 6. When they had house guests the number would rise from 6 to at least 12. All the dining tables extended to accommodate the crowds. Even the limestone top on the patio that was craned over the house and hand carved. It is a stunner. 



I love mixing the old and the new in furniture and art. 


Thanks to Southern Living for the magazine article in October of 2008. An oldy but a goody. 


Thanks for following me on a trip down memory lane. 



No comments: