Sunday, January 8, 2012

Resolutions 2012


This is my motto for 2012! 

My resolutions this year are about 25% personal and 75% Bridget Beari. I am ready to start this year off with a bang even though the loss of both my parents this year has been hard. Nothing like being an orphan in your 40's. Enough of that... I clearly have some mediating to do on this topic! 

Here are my resolutions: 

1. work on Lulabelle's skin: She is a rescue dog and although I have had Sharpei's in the past ( Beari and Baron) Lulabelle has the most sensitive skin. I have changed her diet to completely corn, wheat free and no meat only salmon but I have decide to start her on a new holistic program! She still has some hot spots that I would like to get rid of. Since she is the spokes dog of Bridget Beari Colors, she better look her best. She has photo shoots people! 




2. I am back on my raw diet.  January - June is my goal but I would like to continue to eat this way forever. I have done this before and felt the best I have ever felt. It did not hurt to lose weight too. 15 lbs. would be nice. It has been 7 days so far and I already feel better. 

I love my new found websites for helping keep it creative. 





3. Brush up on my high school and college French and Italian. I really need to learn Spanish because of the Mexico interior jobs but I have so many years of the other 2 under my belt I don't want to lose it. I am also pre -planning for a trip to Paris in 2013 and I just put my name in the hat for BlogTour 2012 in London/Paris or Milan. What good timing! 



4. Now we turn to Bridget Beari: The first change will be to the blog. 

New features including: 

Bridget Beari Friends. Showcasing all the wonderful people I meet in the design world. Our first feature was 1 week ago where we introduced you to, Ginger Brewton. Ginger Brewton Interiors


 Bridget Beari's Back Room: a place to view some great bargains. It was such a hit as a post. I decide to add it permanently.  Back Room post. 

Bridget Beari Cooks or Uncooks: follow my raw and vegan recipes. I'll introduce you to all the cool raw people, the Vitamixer, the dehydrator and the juicer! 



Bridget Beari Picks: finding the coolest products and letting you in on the deals! 

Bridget Beari Chats: You've been asking for it and I'm bringing it back! Q & A's are back! 

Bridget Beari Travels: Where she goes nobody knows but you'll be right there with me. Hippest restaurants, relaxing hotel rooms, luxurious bathrooms, and more. 



Bridget Beari Tips: Cleaning and organizational tips. Plus monthly calendars on garden and household chores. My friends have been asking for this one like " how often to you change your air filters or the baking soda in your refrigerator" I'll give you all the answers to keep your house running smoothly. 

 Bridget Beari Show: follow us on Vimeo at the Bridget Beari Show where we will be doing at least 2 video a month on a variety of topics. 


5. Complete the BOOK!!  Finally pick a publisher and get it out. It is a great complement to the paint line so I would like it to be out soon. Photography set up starts next week so we are off an running! We are not sure on the title so that is still a surprise even to me but I will let you know. 



6. Meet with the wallpaper manufacturer to discuss taking my patterns and turning them into wallpapers! A Bridget Beari exclusive product as of now.  Again another complement for the paint line! 

Some of the designs lend themselves to fabrics so I have been to talks with some manufacturers about producing those as well but as a branded product. 

I'm going for it this year as you can tell. Katie bar the door! 



7. Marketing the Paint Line: 

- partnering with another major retailer - talks in the works
- adding a sales representative to get the product out to stores and designers faster
- new label for the cans
- making a video ad
- selling the paint online
- BBD Colors and FPE to sponsor some major design events
- getting on the talk circuit as a speaker on color. I did 2 talks on color last year with tons of success so more are on the books for this year. I hope to have the book out and a retailer to sponsor it. It will be a real book tour! If anyone is interested in sponsoring please contact us. 
- keep pushing on press for Bridget Beari Colors ( Virginia Living magazine article just came out this month and 2 blogs!  ) 



8. Keep coming up with funky press ideas for Bridget Beari Colors. We have one coming up that is sort of on the same line with Farrow & Ball's wallpapering of a brownstone. Watch for it!  It should be outrageous! 



9. I have already submitted 3 houses for publication but my favorite house in Richmond is finally ready for photography and it is a good one! Definitely worthy of Arch. Digest or Elle Decor status! 



And let's not forget ol' Mexico house!  It should be ready this year too! 

10. And finally, I would love to increase my twitter following! So if you are not a follower please add me. 

I want at least 3000 fans by the end of the year! 


Whew!!   I have a lot to do for 2012!  





6 comments:

vgosh Interior said...

Thanks for the nice post. that we are office Interiors in chennai, home Interiors in chennai and Interiors Designing in chennai .That I will inform about your post to my friends and all the best for your future post..

Blogger said...

Rocket Spanish: The Award Winning System That Gets You Speaking Spanish & Loving the Spanish Culture.

(And the best thing is - it only takes minutes a day)

ROCKET LANGUAGES was used by over 1.2 million people, just like you, to learn a new language.

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Get professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

Start following our signals NOW and earn up to 270% a day.

Blogger said...

New Diet Taps into Pioneering Idea to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 20 Pounds within Only 21 Days!

Blogger said...

Are you looking for free YouTube Views?
Did you know you can get them AUTOMATICALLY AND ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

Blogger said...

There's shocking news in the sports betting world.

It has been said that any bettor needs to look at this,

Watch this now or quit placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.