This is another of our new features -
Bridget Beari Uncooks
It will follow my 6 months of raw vegan diet as well as give you great recipes from all the fabulous raw bloggers and websites!
Well I've been raw vegan for 2 weeks now. I'm feeling great but as the cold weather hits, it is hard not to want something hearty. Salad are cold!!!
I love this website Rawmazing. They have great recipes and tips for raw cooking. Here is one of my favorites!
Sweet Potato Mushroom Sliders!
My husband is not a big nut person so if I can find a recipe with more veggies than nuts he loves it. I made a yellow cheese from acorn squash the other day and I put it on everything!
Grind the Pumpkin seeds into flour
Mix Mushrooms, onions and add to sweet potatoes
You need a dehydrator for this recipe. About 5 hours so you need to make them in advance.
Yum! Thanks Rawmazing for another great recipe!
Sweet Potato Mushroom “Sliders”
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 16 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped (approx 1 cup)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds ground into flour
- 1/4 cup nama shoyu
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (fresh, chopped fine)
- Cracked Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tomato
1. With food processor running, drop in clove of garlic and let run until the clove is finely chopped.
2. Add peeled sweet potato that you have cut into larger chunks. Process until finely chopped. Remove mixture to bowl.
3. Chop (individually in food processor) the mushrooms, and onions. Place in bowl with sweet potato garlic mixture.
4. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
5. Drop in mounds on non-stick dehydrator sheet. Spread to 3″ circle.
6. Dehydrate at 145 for 1 hour, turn down heat and continue to dehydrate for another 3-4 hours, removing to mesh screens part way through. You want to make sure these are still moist! Do not dehydrate to dry. Serve with avocado, tomato and sprouts.
*Makes 30 “sliders”
I love these girls too!
Sexy Bitches Like it Raw!