Friday, April 3, 2009

Who's Afraid of Color?

This is one of my more contemporary house designs. I took a transitional Colonial style 1980's house and completely transformed it. I removed the wood mantel and replaced it with this custom designed metal mantel. Ceiling fans were replaced by black wire hung chandeliers and the balcony railings were replaced with stainless steel and copper. This client loved color so I painted the walls a strong color and brought the accent colors in on the pillows, rugs and furniture.

This is the living room:




Crooked ( on purpose ) chandelier in the foyer:


Dining room with purple venetian plater walls: Leslie Blau Stark custom carpet, Donghia chandelier





Master Bedroom: Citrine color walls with accents of black and purple. Check out the headboard with the striped fabric turned in different directions to make a pattern.


Family Room: Rust color leather reclining chairs from La Difference of course!



Matisse inspired laminate breakfast table.

6 comments:

Karanpal Singh said...

Superb........
*****

Karanpal Singh said...

Superb........
*****

bkhdesign said...

love the colours you use ,really different .

Bridget Beari Design Chat said...

Thanks for the comments. I hope this one will get picked up by one of the modern magazines like Elle Decor or Met Home.

ChattyRenee said...

OH my gosh!!!!!!!!!!
I love this and would die for a client that loved that much color...
BUT I have to say that it took a great eye to pull it all together.
This SHOULD be in the mag's..

Bridget Beari Design Chat said...

I am trying to get Elle Decor or Met Home to be interested. We will see if they pick it up. Thanks for the comments.