Sunday, October 21, 2007

Feeling like Fall

Fall is a beautiful time of year in Virginia. The leaves change from green to golden browns, reds and oranges. The weather turns cool and crisp. It is time to harvest apples and think about days next to open fires. It is at this time of year that I remember a home that I designed in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
The use of the Ralph Lauren floral, herringbone and check fabrics, Stark sisal rug, and faux finished walls make this room warm and cozy. Perfect for those crisp fall nights to curl up in the chair next to the fire. I love to mix antiques and more modern upholstery pieces in a room setting. The antique hinges over the fireplace are found objects that work wonders as accessories to give the room that extra drama. I feel my job is done when all the pieces in the room look as though they were meant to be there.

Who could resist an outdoor fireplace? Open on both sides so it would not block the mountain view. Custom stone top tables, painted chairs and Sutherland teak pieces help create a comfortable seating area. What a great space to entertain your guests outside by the fire.

2 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

What a lovely room! The Stark sisal is particularly beautiful.

Susan said...

Thanks for the comment. I love your blog. I have it listed as one of my favorites.