Thursday, May 31, 2012

Blogfest Day 2


Day 2 of Blogfest started at the 44th floor of the Hearst Tower where we were last year. Supposedly a great view but again it was raining - Bummer! This year's breakfast was hosted by Veranda, House Beautiful and Elle Decor Magazine. 


I loved seeing Daryl Carter, a DC designer on the list of speakers that morning. He invited me to the opening of his new store in DC - I can't wait! 





Here is Cary Kravet of the Kravet Corporation giving the introduction speech for the morning. It is the second time of meeting the Kravet family. It is such a pleasure. 




The panel that day was Newell Turner, editor of House Beautiful with up and coming designers - Michael Herold, Jill Goldberg, Jon Call "Mr. Call" 



My posse:  Karen Swartz of Inspired Designs, and Scott Groome of Savvy Interiors. We had a ball meeting all the celebrity designers. 



A visit to the Elle Decor Concept House at noon. It was a little crowded with everyone in one space. I loved the outdoor space and the fixture of the dining table was one that I just speced for my design job in NYC. 






                                                     I loved the cut out screens! 




Michel Boodro, editor of Elle Decor and Jennifer Powell from Kravet at the Concept House. 


A fantastic lunch at Lee Jofa and then a talk with Alexa Hampton and Ann Maine of Traditional Home. Who knew Alexa was such a straight talker and her favorite word was 
c--------r. Can you guess it? 


There was a contest to pick out your favorite item at B&F and photograph yourself with it. 


Our group really went for it even though we didn't win. Here's Scott as Superman! Flying high with B&F!





                              And Sarah being attacked by the zebra tearsheets!




Cocktails at Baccarat! Did I mention they had the hottest male waiters at this party! 




Baccarat always puts a red crystal on each chandelier. 


I loved meeting my design crush Vincent Wolfe and I love his blog. If you don't follow it, you should. Blog



The day ended with cocktails at the GE Monogram showroom. The best date and fig appetizers! The 6 burner stove was fabulous. 



We went to Sprig that night for dinner!  The biggest burgers and the best tuna over watermelon. Check it out: 






Until tomorrow with Day 3 of Blogfest.....







No comments: