Saturday, May 26, 2012

Blogfest 2012 in NYC



I am so excited to be a part of Blogfest again this year. It is such a great way to network and meet some of the greats in the design business. The first day of Blogfest was mostly spent at the ICFF. 


It did not disappoint. I saw some old favorites and acquired some new lines. I even saw some items that I just specced for my NYC project. 
 Here are a few of my favorites: 

                    Loved these porcelain tiles that looked like faux wood. Great Colors!


Tucker Robbins had these great stools in a variety of colors. 


Linkasink was there. I loved this copper bowl with black crystals. 


Kohler had the most colorful showroom to introduce their Jonathan Adler inspired colors. Who knew avocado green would come back. I loved the seating made out of tubs. Also a big thanks for the recharging station! 


Awesome take on a dome wing back chair! 


Beautiful mosaic glass tiles from Country Floor Tile



Then we boarded buses for a tour of the Kips Bay Designer Showhouse. This year it was 2 apartments that overlooked the river. Gorgeous views - too bad the weather did not corporate for some fab pictures. 


These are some of my highlights: 

Loved these bookcases in David Scott's room. Great accessorizing. I love it when it is done well. Bravo! 


The kitchen was beautiful but it had this wonderful table setting by Karen Williams of St. Charles of New York. More succulents but this time in gold eggs. 


I loved Charlotte Moss velvet upholstered walls and the baseboard that was made from a printed picture on tiles. Great idea! 


This Venetian wall treatment in this Brian del Toro room was beautiful. It was a clever idea to great a geometric pattern within the finishes. 


This living room by Susan Zises Green was gorgeous! The painting was done by Audrey Hepburn. 


Thom Felicia's green lacquer ceiling. He used Benjamin Moore for this look. I guess we will forgive him for not using Fine Paints. 


Our time at Kips Bay ended with a toast from Margaret Russell and a meet and greet with all the designers! 

The next stop was the Savant showroom. Every room was automated with apple iPads in the walls and on tables to control everything from the TV, lights and shades. 



Some of the rooms were very bachelor! TV's projected on to the walls, TV's in the bathroom and so on! Thom Felicia designed the whole showroom with his furniture from Vanguard. I snagged another picture with him this year! 




If we didn't think we were wine and dinned enough, off to Savior Beds we went. 




These beds were made for the Savoy hotel in London. Did I mention how happy we were to sit down on the $13,000 mattress and then we tested the $72,000 mattress - OMG! It was to die for! 




The sales woman said that if you sell enough mattress the company will give the designer a free one - Any takers? I better start selling. It was divine! Well worth a visit to the showroom. 



Tired feet led us to the Jane restaurant at 100 West Houston for some pasta and risotto. 




The first day of Blogfest was over - the Kravet company really puts on a good show. Wait until I tell you about day 2 and 3!  I meet a design crush, get invited to a posh party, get a sneak peak on new fabrics, and more.....




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the green-vase sofa. The color is cool and very refreshing.

Beds Perth

Bridget Beari Design Chat said...

It was a bathtub!