Friday, March 4, 2011

Shopping in L.A.

I had a great time at the Design Blogger conference in L.A. this week. I met many new friends and even saw some old friends. I stayed an extra day to get in some shopping. This time a scoured the LCDQ, La Cienega Design Quarter. 

Kelly Wearstler has her studio on this street with Sally Hershberger, the hair stylist. 


I started in day in my Catherine Malandrino top and little did I know that the Malandrino store was on La Cienega. What a store it is! 

A 6,000 sq. ft shop known as the "Maison", the store has a home feel. The two level boutique has a dining room styled room, a sitting room with a faux fireplace, living room with a huge citron leather sofa, a library with massive bookcases, and an indoor/outdoor cafe that sprawls out onto the courtyard.   

The French born fashion designer, known for her feminine ultra-wearable designs stuns me with her fashion but the most incredible site was the Christopher Pillet chandelier in the foyer! Designed to look like drops of rain, this million dollar installation is one of a kind. I was so excited about the interior I had a hard time concentrating on the clothes. 

This is a must see stop in L.A.! 

"I wanted to give this personal feeling of being home," says Malandrino, "to create a warm atmosphere."







No comments: