Saturday, March 12, 2011

La Cienega Design Quarter


I always love shopping the LCDQ in Los Angeles. Since the 1950's this district has been a destination for designers and shoppers for art and home furnishings. I stopped into a few of my favorite shops: 


Great textiles, unusual handmade furniture, lighting and accessories. I was stopping in to order a John Robshaw coverlet for the Mexico job. 




I love the black and white artwork. 




Love the geometrics on the cotton linen ground. 








Gotta love these fabric covered shades. 1st Leap is another store across the street that makes custom lampshades. 

I was amazed at all the 1stdibs stores I recognized like Dragonette,  Downtown, Lee Stanton Antiques, Studio Workshops, and Urban Hardwoods. If you don't know about 1stbids check it out. 1stdibs  Another great way the internet is helping designers shop around the world from their computer. 




Love the blue painted chair!


With all this great modern furniture I can see how it is such a popular style in CA. I wish we had more of it in VA. 

This is Lee Stanton Antiques - more traditional but I love this sofa with the boho pillows. Clean and fresh! 



A mixture of 18th ad 19th century British and European antiques. 



Love these butler tables!


This chaise or reclaimer is awesome!


Beautiful marble top table. 



The next store was Urban Hardwoods. I have bought things from them before ( see the Church Hill job on the BBD website) I love the organic feel of these tables. They also do a more modern look which was great to see in person. 


That was my shopping day and it ended on a fabulous note at Osteria Mozza for dinner!


My meal consisted of the Amuse Bouche:


Grilled Octopus:



A choice from the Mozarella Bar, Orchiette from the primi:


Grilled whole Orata from the secondi


After all those courses I could not even think about dessert! 


No comments: