Saturday, July 24, 2010

Miami or Bahamas?

It is almost my birthday and my husband has asked it I would like to go on a quick getaway trip. I've narrowed my choices down to the Tides in Miami or The One and Only in the Bahamas. I'll give you the pros and cons in my opinion and maybe you can help me decide. 


The One and Only Ocean Club in the Bahamas

Number 1 pro: 
quiet and relaxing


Number 2 pro: 
Close to the Atlantis for fun at night!



Number 1 con: I little further away. 3 days might not be enough time. 

Number 2 con: not cheap, longer plane ride


The Tides: 

Designed by Kelly Wearstler, who I love. I loved the Viceroy in Santa Monica. I could have stayed in that bed all day. The sheets were to die for and the gray blanket was so soft. I could see some great design even in the hotel. 



Number 2 pro: 
The Dania design center is close so I could do some shopping there as well as all the cool shops in South Beach. 



Number 3 pro: 
My best friend from college lives in South Beach so we could get together. 

Number 4 pro: 
Maybe I could see a Kardasian!



Number 1 con: 

Hot in Florida in the summer ( but it is 106 here in Richmond today anyway)


Number 2 con: 
I'd end up working and not relaxing but I have more fun working anyway. 



Are there any votes? Tides or One and Only? 

No comments: