Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mexico Project

Here are some pictures of the house being constructed in the jungle of Tulum. The ocean is on one side and the lagoon on the other - spectacular views! The turquoise color of the water is a real inspiration for the interior colors. We worked hard on spacial changes, plumbing fixtures, and lighting. It was interesting that Kohler was the main brand for plumbing. I guess I was expecting not to see the same products. It is a small world. With an Italian builder and a Mexician architect, it was an world wind of ideas. The hardest thing was the conversion of inches to cm but the guys were great!

Views of the ocean from the master bedroom:


Taking down a wall in the master bath in order to fit my wood carved tub!


A view of the main palapa:


More to come but this week I am off to Costa Rica with another client. I hope to post of video of that project.

1 comment:

Red River Interiors said...

Sounds like a great project and lots of fun... I would also have a hard time with the conversions... Fay